Saturday, July 23, 2005

"If God had a name, what would it be? And would you call it to his face, if you were faced with him?"

I love that song. Quite a lot. I feel content when I listen to it, no clue why, really.

I think we can find out a lot about people from the type of music they listen to. Maybe that's just me, and I certainly could be wrong. I don't really know how I would be labeled according to my music. It's quite diverse, I really in truly listen to just about every type of music. From Older stuff (The Who, Led Zep, Kansas, Lynyrd Skynyrd) to pop-punk (Blink 182, sum 41, Green Day) to older-style punk (Rancid, Transplants) to ska (Streetlight Manifesto, Catch 22, Reel Big Fish) to alternative (Radiohead, Muse, The Verve) to softer stuff (Brendan Benson, Jack Johnson, Keane) to harder stuff (Seether, Nine Inch Nails) even some country (Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson are amazing musicians) and there's even a rap song or two (Cypress Hill is just a crazy group), not to mention my very own favorite Icelandic artists (Sorry, Bjork, this one goes to Quarashi...who'da thunk it - two mainstream artists from Iceland. hmm.).

My point is, our music defines us, to some degree. I don't know what you can get from those bands I gave you, but I guess it means I'm just a little bit of everything.

What does your music say about you?

2 comments:

schleef said...

i think your music defines you as an eclectic. or as i like to call you, blake "the eclectic" samanas. (S A M A N A S) have fun at camp

schleef said...

blake write something new, i want to read it