Monday, February 02, 2009

It looks a little different.

Q: How many WELS members does it take to change a light bulb?

A: What?! Change?!?!

Well, the new layout looks a little different, but boy howdy, now that I have the power to be able to have a reasonable idea of who's reading my blog at any given time...I could not pass that up at all.

As far as things that...aren't about my new big-brother power. The Super Bowl just happened, and it was fairly exciting. No phone calls though. And now it's Groundhog Day, which has little to no significance when you live in Florida.

Not that it's that significant anywhere else, but that Bill Murray movie is kinda funny.

I plan to celebrate Groundhog Day by taking a bio exam that I didn't study much for. We have a drop test, so I'm not that worried...but even so, I think his tests will probably be easy. The information is so basic. We shall see.

And because this post is otherwise kinda worthless, I'll do the first of my monthly check-ins on the New Year's Resolutions (how I'm doing on the year-long ones, and if any of the one-time ones have been accomplished)

1. The vague girlfriend one is doing fine, because I think I have yet to make a bad relationship decision this year. I also have yet to make any relationship decision this year, but I guess that's part of the resolution anyway.

2. Doin' fine on the no-man's land.

5. The MLS schedule was released this week, and I've already got plans in place to go to Chicago vs. LA in August with Heidi. Planning is the first step toward going, so I like my chances on this one.

6. Actually, last night I went to Ybor City (Tampa's clubbing district) with a few friends, and we walked by but didn't go in any of the clubs because the prices were jacked up for Super Bowl weekend. Patience.

7. I came close to going to the beach, but instead it was a pier in St. Pete that stretched out into Tampa Bay. It was at night anyway. I am sure to get this one eventually.

9. Uh...my grades seem ok. It's hard to tell this early. Last semester, I got about a .5 swing from midterms to finals, so we'll see. If I don't get it, I wouldn't be broken up - as long as the grade was respectable.

10. No cooking has been done whatsoever. But I'm trying to stop eating dairy. That's food-related at least.

11. I guess so. Kind of a stretch, but I guess so.

12. I have yet to miss church this year, so I guess that's saying something. It helps.

13. Jobs are hard to come by in these parts. As long as I get a good summer job in Madison I'll be happy.

14. I have been making a conscious effort to stop the casual swearing.

3, 4, 8, 15, 16. Irrelevant or N/A

This will force me to update at very least once a month.

No comments: