Thursday, December 29, 2011

Seward's Folly

Let's see, did I do better on my resolutions than I did on blogging this year (oof, happy 7 years on life-support, F109)?

Relationships
1. Create some forward motion in my love life
Got 'em! It certainly wasn't unresolved for long, as I'm now closing in on a year in my current relationship, which is far and away a personal record. I won't have much else to say about it since I have a contract with Us Weekly concerning relationship details, but I'd check TMZ for leaks if you're interested.

Experiences
2. Enjoy my first drink on my 21st birthday
Just after midnight on December 22nd, I had a Spotted Cow in the comfort of my bedroom. It had the essence of Cheerios, I thought. With a final exam looming that evening, I didn't get too buck wild until the next night, where I got taken to a classy bar to have a reasonable amount of drinks. Usually that sentence would be taken as tongue-and-cheek, but come on, it's me we're talking about here. I don't know if I'll ever get drunk.

3. Attend a regular season NFL game

Boooo. I had tentative plans set up to hit up the Dolphins at Chiefs game on November 6th, but school got in the way of the 6 dollar tickets (remember when both of those teams hadn't won yet? Only a sports addict like myself would want to watch such miserable football). Both teams ended up being exceedingly mediocre, which I guess is kind of the goal when you're hoping to score cheap tickets to see two teams you don't care about. So this dream is still on hold, but I've got plenty of life ahead of me. Someday maybe I'll finally make friends with someone who holds Packers tickets.

4. Drive in TWO states in which I have not driven before
In August, I think, I drove a good chunk of Oklahoma and in Kansas from the Oklahoma border to Kansas City in the family van while driving Evan back from Los Alamos. The drive through those states was about as interesting as it sounds.

5. Attend a hip-hop concert
The best! My lady-friend and I went to the Kanye West/Kid Cudi show at Summerfest with one of my roommates and his girlfriend. It was absolutely fantastic. I consider myself quite a Kanye fan (after being quite an ironic Kanye fan), so I'd enjoy it either way, but he's an impressive performer. I think the setlist was 30 songs or so. "Good Life" will probably always be one of my favorite songs.

Personal Improvement/Achievement
6. Fully pay off my sophomore and junior years of college
Nope, and what's more, I decided it might be fun to pay for another year of school on top of it! That decision will probably get detailed a bit more in another post sometime in January, and the machinations behind that decision are a big part of why I didn't have it in me to blog with any regularity. In short, I've totally been cheating on Flight 109. It makes me so sad to think of it that way, but it's for the best, hopefully. We'll see. To be continued.

7. Start playing some piano again
Nope, but at least I started playing bass again. That has to count for something, right?

8. Accomplish things on Fridays
I'm going to give myself this one. I did make an effort here, and my most important task of the semester (year? college career? life?) was accomplished on a Friday. Even more on that later as well.

9. Get professionally published
Not technically, but almost and kind of. And hopefully in the future. This one goes with the vagueness of resolutions 6 and 8. Stay tuned.

10. Accomplish at least six of my first nine New Year's Resolutions
Now what business did I have shooting for higher than 50 percent? That's what I hit every year! Nonetheless, despite a paltry showing in the third category, I hardly consider this to be a lost year on the self-improvement front. I'm getting there, and I find it nice to be able to end the year on an upward trend, just like I was so excited about last year. But like I said, stay tuned. This was a year of loose ends. We'll see what kind of knots they find their way into.

See ya on the other side of New Year's.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Decent share...many individuals in motivate his,Thank you for sharing of data, I am extremely satisfied with the substance of your article is exceptionally helpful and I sit tight for the following article to redesign the data once more.
word press website