Monday, November 20, 2006

A one way non-stop to anywhere, find anyone, do anything, forget and start again, love

There's so much to blog about, which usually kills my inspiration, but I'll give it a shot.

First off, I'll start with the Reel Big Fish/Streetlight Manifesto concert. What a blast.

Reel Big Fish and Streetlight are really good bands, and their openers weren't too shabby either, but the real fun in a ska show is the jumping around, skanking, and screaming the words at the top of your lungs. I would say this was easier for me with Streetlight because I knew all the words (aside from their new songs), but I immensely enjoyed both of them. It's probably the best Wednesday night ever.

The very next morning it was two class periods at Lakeside and then off on the 7-hour bus ride to the one and only Martin Luther College for a two-night campus visit. I can honestly say it's left me with a lot to think about.

I'll start off by saying that I had a complete blast. Some of my best high school friends were on the trip, and I got to spend some quality time with a bunch of MLC students from camp. There were so many of those "this won't be funny, or even make sense a day from now" moments and a lot of much needed catching up was done. But that's not the reason for going.

I've done a lot of thinking about if MLC is the right place for me to go. I really like the idea of being around all the people there. There are so many great young Christian people surrounding you, and, as Matt Borck said "There's no fun like Lutheran fun."

I'm just not sure if being in the ministry is right for me. That's really the decision I have to make. I'm not going to MLC unless I'm sure that I want to be a pastor or teacher, because going there for any other reason and going through the motions would be plain wrong.

Thankfully, I have a lot of time to think about my decision ahead, and of course pray about it too...I guess this is growing up.

18 hours of bus riding, countless games of sheepshead and Ray Charles jokes, and a head full of thoughts later, I arrived home for the rest of the weekend. And of course not to catch up on any of the sleep I missed.

The first day back at school (the first of two, and then a field trip...) John and I established our loose off-season training regimen...so I'm pretty excited about that. Cross Country, here I come!

War and Peace out.

2 comments:

becca said...

wait... so you're actually going to do some cross country running next year?
my training regimen is labelled "extremely loose"
but I'm going to start for real on Monday
but I was also going to do that last Monday... so we'll have to wait and see how I feel and how cold it is outside

Anna said...

I don't think you should rule out going to MLC if you're not sure about it. Very few people are sure when they go to a college.

Exciting about that running next year. Good luck!