Sunday, October 29, 2006

We must stare into a crystal ball and only see the past

In the caverns of tomorrow
With just our flashlights and our love
We must plunge, we must plunge, we must plunge


So I finally listened to some Bright Eyes. I liked what I heard, but regrettably, I was so incredibly tired that I couldn't make it past about two songs off "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning" before my heavy eyelids defeated my brain in a battle of endurance. It was kind of a bummer that I was so tired because I missed out on events I was planning on going to. Mang.

I played soccer today, that was pretty adjective. We actually got some 11-on-11 pickup game action going, with subs even. I scored some goals, but I think I blacked out and my sub-concious did it. I'm way too clumsy, I'm pretty sure I'd miss the ball...I already do a lot anyway. Either way, I think Lakeside is closer to getting soccer. I'd be amped.

Uh...

"Mommy? Where does dirt come from?"

This is kind of an ADD post. Maybe because I can't think of what to post. Maybe I didn't really need to post. But I kind of wanted to anyway. The Beatles are worth my time.

Uh...Not sure if I like this week. Random day off is a plus. Hardcore journalism assignments are not. Sports people being in between sports is also a plus. I need to expand my social life to include girls. I enjoy actual conversation. Good night.

2 comments:

becca said...

So my dad got the Beatles #1 hits album while we were in Chicago because it was on sale for $10 at virgin records... since you mentioned the beatles
you also mentioned dirt
so about dirt...
I was with my cross country friends one day when someone asked, "Why do you think dirt doesn't burn?"
I chime in:
"I think it's because dirt is already decomposed so much that all the organic matter is gone, so since the fire would have to burn organic matter until there is nothing left except the plain carbon, and since there is not any organic matter left in dirt to burn, dirt can be used to put out fires."
I didn't even think that through... I just said it. I don't know if it's right, but it sounded incredibly intelligent the way it was presented. So there. My thoery on dirt.

Anna said...

I'm commenting. Question Mark. Love you Blake