Friday, July 13, 2007

EveryBODY needs P.E.

There's way too much to cover since the last time I posted, but I will eventually. But tonight I am tired, so because we are more than halfway through the year, I will check in on how I'm doing on my ten new year's resolutions.

1. Get a girlfriend. Ha!

2. Eat a full-size Mr. Goodbar. Not yet, but this one's pretty easy to accomplish. I think I will save it for a memorable moment.

2b. Get a pet turtle in college. Simply impossible.

3. Write some songs that don't suck. I semi-accomplished this in a manner I didn't expect. It was not for Eisenhower, but actually it came in the form of the Pet Song, which campers from New London to Wautoma to Racine have enjoyed. I'm not certain that it doesn't suck, but at least some people like it.

4. Get a "720 on my ACT". I'm through with the ACT, so I'd say this goal is virtually accomplished, all hyperbole aside.

5. Not get last on the team in every cross country meet this year. I'm not doing cross country anymore, so I'll change this to an "or" goal. my goal is to be captain or to be one of the top 3 goal-scorers on the team.

6. Blog more often. Fail.

7. Become absolutely dominant at scrabble. I've only lost to two people this year, and I beat those two people as often as they beat me, but I haven't been playing much scrabble lately.

8. Get a Job. I'll wait until after camp.

9. Sleep. I'm at camp a lot, this is virtually impossible, although I did go to bed at 9:30 last night.

10. Have ten new year's resolutions. What a bogus resolution...at least it's guaranteed.

So, four of my resolutions (numbers 3, 4, 7, 10) have been accomplished (or basically accomplished), and two (numbers 2 and 8) are essentially a cinch as soon as I put in the very minor effort. 6 and 9, if we're counting history of the entire year, are basically lost for good, leaving 1 and 5 as the only unsure ones.

The first goal is basically always unsure, and always a new year's resolution, so now 5 is the one I will focus on. Sounds like fun.

We'll see what happens when I make the resolution year-in-review post.

3 comments:

becca said...

The kids in Neilsville like the pet song a lot, even requesting it during song period.
So because of your post, I had to go back and read my resolutions...
New Years Resolutions for 2007
1. Read the Bible Daily -I've read it more, but not daily
2. Drink More Water-Nope, I love lemonade far too much... and now I've began drinking soda regularly? Man, I stink.
3. Eat Healthier -When I'm back from camp I'm sure I'll get better at this again.
4. Exercise -I guess I'm a bit more willing than last year...
5. Keep Things Clean -Nope.
6. Learn New Things -Schleef taught me how to play Settlers last night...
7. Develope Identity -This one was supposed to mean "dress better" or something like that, but that's just not my personality to care to look perfect every day... so we're eliminating this one
8. Don't Be So Selfish -I suppose that even if I tried, I couldn't stop being selfish altogether
9. Regulate Media Time -Ha, nope.
10. Make Varsity Soccer -Well, yeah...
11. Create Relationships -I did! No boyfriend, but definitely made many new relationships and better.

becca said...

I forgot to add that one kid cried during the pet song because he missed his dogs.

Ellie said...

You could get a pet African clawed frog instead of turtle. They're cute in a wow-that-frog-is-really-fat-and-ugly sort of way.