Saturday, December 27, 2008

Monkey See...

Well, I guess it's about that time to recap the ol' New Year's resolutions before coming up with some new ones.

Last year...last year was not exceptional as resolutions went. Not only did I only come up with 5, I didn't do a particularly good job of accomplishing them, on the whole. And let's see how...

1. I will attempt to make and keep friends in all facets.
Well, how about that. In a bad year for resolution success, I accomplished this old classic. I managed to not only keep my closest friendships from high school, but I also seriously strengthened a few of them, despite the distance. Additionally, I call this one a classic because it was a vague rewording of the usual "Get a Girlfriend" resolution, and I accomplished that one too. I'm disappointed with myself for how I went about some of it, but at least I proved to myself that there isn't some secret agreement to not date me that was signed by all girls ever. Apparently only Wisconsin girls signed said agreement.

2. Be happy with all my decisions.
This sums up how I did with that one. It took me less than one semester to go back on my decision to go to USF, I've changed my class schedule at least 3 times since I built it, and I can't even pick a favorite MLS team. This year, I have changed my mind like a girl changes clothes, to put it in radio-pop terms.

3. Learn to appreciate mornings.
I have...gained a better understanding of the benefits of waking up early. I have not successfully put it into practice. I still stay up late and sleep late. But I guess I do appreciate mornings, just not enough to wake up in time for them.

4. Go to an MLS game.
I straight up failed this one...but I should be able to take care of it next year. I already bought my Chicago Fire shirt, so I guess that's who I'll be cheering for. They're the only team I could feasibly go see anyway.

5. Eat a full-size Mr. Goodbar.
Yeah, for all intents and purposes. While golfing.

So that's...what, 2 for 5? That's not great, but hey, I should have more resolutions for next year. I've already got a few thought up, but I'll come up with a few more in time for New Year's. Perhaps one of my resolutions should be to accomplish at least half of my resolutions.

2 comments:

becca said...

Maybe we make these resolutions for good blog posts, rather than to actually improve ourselves.

amber said...

You asked if I stalk your blog, and I said no, which was true. But then I became aware of the fact that you had a blog, and now I have to stalk it. I hope you will be understanding and not creeped out whenever you see me lurking in the shadows.