Saturday, August 12, 2006

"Hey, Muhammed, do you want a slurpie?" "No, it's against my religion/government/dead relative's morals"

^^From a conversation with Becca about the most common, yet least free person in the world, Muhammed Chang. The things you learn from Trivial Pursuit.

Yesterday was definitely interesting. A little background: My dad's company was having some sort of function for customers and vendors and other mostly boring business type jobs. I was offered an opportunity to work.

So basically I got paid to put brats in buns. I can't complain at all. And I met some pretty interesting people.

First off, there was this other guy I was working with, another co-worker's son. His name was Jamus (spelling? Who knows?). He was 19 and going into college. I spent the whole day with him, part of which we were just standing there, and the other part we were hectically replacing buns, brats, cookies, napkins, plates, etc... So I kind of got a chance to know him. It was sort of awkward for a while, but he seemed like a pretty cool guy. He played guitar, and is majoring in film, and went to the same Red Hot Chili Peppers concert that I went to. We both remember the Mars Volta absolutely sucking. I guess they've gotten good now? At the concert they were pretty much booed off the stage.

I also got to meet a bunch of my dad's co-workers and associates. Although I already knew a couple. Like this one guy, Dave. He has a ponytail and I guess his actual name is pretty weird and uncommon. But he's a cool guy. And John, who was making brats all day. I suppose I could get used to the white collar schmoozing scene if it was totally necessary.

Then I got home and took a long nap. I guess that's my day. I like Timber Creek subs.

This post goes out to the ugly, long-haired genie/cowboy/whatever he was in the other one.

2 comments:

Ellie said...

Hey Blake. I liked our picnic.

becca said...

When you get online, I have something really ironic to tell you.