Monday, March 26, 2007

Their windows fell out

I'm too far behind to cover relient K. My opinions about it would be stock, so refer to Evan's and Becca's blog for more about that. I do this so often, but Evan goes into such detail that I feel it uneccessary to repeat it all. This blog is a hyena, feeding merely off the scraps of others' kills.

Tonight I went outside to take in nature a little. Today was positively gorgeous weather-wise, and the evening was even more pleasant.

I decided to go behind the house to the golf course and just lay there. It was pretty quiet, just frogs to hear.

Granted, the golf course is a wide expanse of grass, and thanks to hills it's pretty secluded, but it's not quite perfect, as Highway 89 runs right behind it. None the less, it was a great night to go outside.

I laid there in the grass and stared into the sky. It makes one feel so deep. It was a little cloudy tonight, so I couldn't see the stars too well. But the clouds made the moon look so nice. There was a halo, a perfect circle of light emanating from the moon. The occasional jet passed through, making a silver, quickly vanishing chord before leaving the halo as it was. It was really neat, and I just kind of laid there and watched it for a long while.

It's one of my favorite things to do, to go out back toward the fairway and just watch the sky in (relative) peace. Evan and I did it a few times, one time I specifically remember was when we went back there during the beginning of a thunderstorm.

There was simply a lot of lightning, but no thunder or precipitation yet. It was warm with a breeze. It was about a year back, because I remember it being pretty close to prom. Evan and I went back there to watch the sky, in awe of the lightning. It was so amazing to have the panoramic view of all the lightning, so much better than watching from a window.

We laid there, partially in silence, but bringing up discussion now and then. Soon enough, unfortunately, the thunder began to roll in, and our dad called for us to come in. We were a little put out at first, but it made more sense to us when it started to hail about 5 minutes after we came in.

I bet I have a blog post about this very occurence, or maybe Evan does, but still, it was a great moment. I enjoyed that spring of last year, as I enjoyed the spring of freshman year even more. Hopefully this spring will be even better.

After all, it's when a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love.

1 comment:

becca said...

That sounds infinite.