Sunday, March 19, 2006

Word in '98, yo!

I was listening to Catch 22 today for the first time in a while, and it brought back a lot of memories of the summer, when I was really into Catch 22 and Streetlight.

And wouldn't you know? They were some really good memories. I don't actually know if the past summer was very enjoyable or not, but looking back, it seems like it was. I have all these fond memories of Sheepshead in homeroom, thinking about my chances, going to St. Louis, Fourth of July, that stupid band Lube, that cool band Hence Reverie (nice guys, really), sitting on a bus for hours on end, and listening to ska.

Ska is happy music. Even when it's not...happy. It evokes this great feeling from me, because it was the soundtrack for all these cool things that happened in my life. Maybe it even made things better. But whenever I remember something from this summer or the end of the last school year, it's warm, happy, and there's Catch 22 in the background of it. It all goes together I guess.

So thanks, Keasbey Nights - you got me through the good times.

5 comments:

tshinnick said...

Today I was sitting in the trainer's room at school and, I kid you not, the trainer said,
"Steve, what size shoes do you wear?"
It brought back memories of that week when we were up at camp together. Good times.

tshinnick said...

Oh yeah, and that "Steve" was, in fact, Steven Vandenberg. The same one you seemingly randomly asked what size shoes he wore.

becca said...

So I've come to notice that a majority of people at Lakeside like Ska... so I wondered what that was about, since no one likes it, let alone has heard of it here in Fond du Lac... so I listened to a few Catch 22 songs, and I think the description of 'happy music' works well. It reminds me of... The Bahamas. Not that I've ever been there.

schleef said...

aaron you just blew his cover. chrissy olsen can read this.

tshinnick said...

Delete that comment immediately!!!