Saturday, September 02, 2006

The popular new game show "Advertise Us"

Dude, I got a cell phone. I don't really know what to do with it. I've been getting people's numbers (and taking some of Evan's contacts), but I don't really call people. At all. I'm bad at the phone.

So the other day, our classes decided on our homecoming themes. The school theme is "game shows" so we have to pick our class game show with which to base our float, mural, etc.. on. Our class held a meeting to do this, and the class advisors (two faculty members) decided to have the class officers (my friend Caleb and me) lead it. Caleb and I thought we could get this over with quick, and just end up with something like "wheel of fortune" and be done with it. Nonetheless, we took a tally of what game shows people actually wanted, and "The Price is Right" was the majority, with the remaining guys and girls split between "Legends of the Hidden Temple" and "The Newlywed Game" About 6 people chose "Wheel of Fortune"

We got news that Price is Right was taken by the senior class, so Caleb and I had an interesting predicament. We knew that if we took either "Legends of the Hidden Temple" (an old-school nickolodeon game show that I very vaguely remember) or "The Newlywed game" we'd have a completely divisive gender split. Not something we wanted. When we pitched Wheel of Fortune again (which was obviously supported by Caleb and I..as a neutral choice and easy to make a float for) about 3 people joined us.

So now we were stuck with opposing forces, a few random suggestions from the audience, and a whole lot of whining from the general public. Eventually Caleb and I convinced what was "close enough" to a majority to go for Wheel of Fortune, and chose it.

It was kind of funny though. We got a piece of paper where we could put our 1st and 2nd choices. For our first choice we put Wheel of Fortune, and Caleb got so frustrated that he put "Douchebags" down for our second choice. We had a good laugh about that one.

Other than that though? I can't complain. Homecoming will probably be really fun, my friend Danielle and I are campaigning like mad for us as junior class reps (so we get to ride in a car for the homecoming parade in street clothes, rather than march it in uniforms).

Caleb Schmiege and I also played a song he wrote in chapel. It was really cool. We didn't have much time to practice it, but it went really well. Props to The Dude Upstairs. I don't talk like that.

What else is going down...We had our first cross country meet, that went really well. And I'm also going to Fox Valley's back to school dance I believe. That will be nifty times ten.

Alright, well, it's late, and I'm listening to Anatomy of the Tongue and Cheek. What a great album.

War and Peace out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so somtimes i sit and like to read blakes blog yes i know im a loser but hey what can i say....it sounds like school is going great for you which is super awesome...i cant wait for the dance hopefully its fun idk it could be kinda lameo....anyhow i was reading your post about girls wearing shirts to low cut and i totally agree with you its almost disgusting to see so much boobs...i mean dont get me wrong i dont mind some here and there but sometimes its just downright wrong...i feel your pain about evan its so wierd not havin those older guys around...life without shinnik and alex is a life i dread...anyhow i cant wait for sat should be a blast...God bless
STEPHEN <><