Monday, April 17, 2006

Funky Monday

Well, actually, every monday is funky with Clyde Stubblefield, the coolest musician to ever come from Madison, and direct inspiration for the new funk band "The Second Funkiest Cats in Madison".

I'll be honest, I am totally loving funk music right now for some reason. That probably makes me the biggest funk fan in Lake Mills. But one of these days, we'll head down to Madison and watch ol' Clyde and Friends be super funky. On funky monday. And then I'll pitch some funk to our jazz band. I'd really like to play "Express Yourself" by Charles Wright and the Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band, I guess with some more exaggerated trumpet parts or something. However, I sort of doubt there's music out there to it, and that would probably make it really hard to play for our band. But a guy can dream...

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go write a slap bass line.

No comments: