Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Move Along

I am afraid of instant messaging. Deathly afraid. I hate to start conversations with people because I screw them up by saying something not possible to respond to, and then conversations with people that would normally be quite interesting and fulfilling in real life just go to crap, leaving me to assume that the other person thinks I'm boring, and well it's just one big mess. So I'm really sorry to everyone that I don't talk to online, and also to all the people that I fail at conversing with online. Let's hang out in person instead, it's 10 times cooler.

Moving on.

Prom was on Saturday. I guess a lot of people had a sort of sucky time, but I really enjoyed it. I went dateless as usual, which actually ended up being cool. There were some girls in my group who were also going alone, so Danielle kind of stepped in as my "date". We took some pictures and slow danced a bunch, and I thought it was really sweet. Thanks, Danielle, I had a super time.

After prom I went to a HOT TUB PARTY. It was also really cool, and I like hot tubs. They're warm and bubbly and provide for a good meeting place. We also tried to watch a movie, but failed miserably. That's okay though, it was still a blast.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about May 13th. It's a benefit show for Cody Schwartz, who, for those of you who don't know, is a Lakeside student who had his leg run over. It's really cool that students are setting this up, and it's great that we're helping out, because of course the medical bills are going to be insane.

Naturally, another reason I'd be excited about it is that it's a concert with a handful of local bands. A handful that includes Eisenhower (myspace.com/eisenhowerband) and An American Tragedy (myspace.com/anamericantragedymusic). So that being our performance debut, I'm basically "stoked" as the kids would say. I'd encourage any and all readers to come. Most certainly. Tickets are $5, and it's at Lakeside's old gym/"auditorium".

Our set is pretty much ready, and I'd post it, but we've got 3 originals and 2 covers, and that's all I'll say. Because otherwise I'd be giving away too much, and that takes the fun out. But for those of you who have heard our 2 originals, we've got 1 more...that you'll have to wait to hear. It's a neat song, I think you'll like it.

And other exciting things are happening in the world of Eisenhower...like our chapel performance of Relient K's "Getting into You" which went really well considering we all practiced it together a total of once. Also, we're going on a Canada tour (seriously...kind of...more details as they come) and shooting a music video (which actually I just learned. super cool.) I guess it'd be for use in Lakeside promotional material. I'm pretty excited about that.

I have a really big blister from band practice and also jazz band tonight. It's really full of liquid, and I'm totally playing with it a bunch. I hope it doesn't pop when I'm not expecting it...because it's really full of liquid. Ya know.

What an excitable post. I probably used "cool", "awesome", "sweet" and "exciting" about 100 times. At least it means I'm in a good mood.

And life...it's more than a class project. 250,000 points to anyone who catches that obscure reference.

1 comment:

Sydnie said...

Dude, i so get those points!