Thursday, December 23, 2004

Sure, maybe I will - looks like fun.

Lately, I've noticed how everyone around me has been engulfed in love. Right now, it seems like nobody cares about anything except girls (I'm just gonna write this from the guy's point of view, because it's too hard to make everyone happy). It's all that matters for anyone these days. I don't know how these things start, but usually, it just...does. I'm sure we've all had our crushes, but this disease is spreading so fast. Right now, I don't want to have a crush on anyone. It's too time consuming, and it never works out...unless of course, you're a quarterback, or play basketball.

I mean, if the right person came along, I would go for it, but what's the point of chasing someone down who you don't really even know, just to say you have a girlfriend. Most of the girlfriends around this age are just arm candy. Just for show, a meaningless relationship. Their boyfriends are usually the same way. All the superficial people go out with eachother, and it's just one big, endless cycle. I see two people together, and I wish that I could have someone to care about like that, but I realize that they don't even care about eachother. They just want someone "hot" to have to lean on them during basketball games. They don't talk. All they do is sit there, in so-called "utopia" because they've found their special someone, someone who won't say anything, but will make out with them without a question. What the hell happened to the loving, caring realtionship? Is that not "cool" anymore? Does the shape of someone's face, or the size of someone's chest really matter in the long run?

What pisses me off the most is what I see so often. Maybe I could call it something like...relationship whoring. I'm not gonna name any names, but one person everyone knows, broke up with someone they had been dating for a few months, and asked someone else out the very next period. I can't understand the total lack of relationship in relationships anymore. Who knows, maybe things will change soon, you can never know. By the way, I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but sometimes I just need to let it all out...I hope you understand.

Thanks for putting up with my rant,

Blake

No comments: